Nature of Work:
• The digital imaging technologist oversees operations of UCB Libraries’ digitization lab under the direction of the digital initiatives librarian by maintaining existing and developing new workflows for digitizing library collections, this process provides technical expertise in all areas of the production process: image capture, image manipulation, image processing, quality assurance and image delivery.
• The digital imaging technologist is responsible for supervising student assistants who perform the majority of the digitization: scheduling their work hours, training, assigning tasks, performing quality assurance on students’ work, and offering them guidance on workflows and techniques.
• The digital imaging technologist digitizes or photographs materials that require expertise or special handling.
• The position maintains the lab equipment and software, troubleshoots minor problems, coordinates with the appropriate individuals when repairs are needed, and makes recommendations to digital initiatives librarians on software and hardware purchases.
• The digital imaging technologist assists the digital initiatives librarian in updating existing procedures and devising new procedures to improve the lab’s efficiency, increase output, and digitize a broader spectrum of materials.
• This position also is responsible for scheduling access to the lab, offering training, and providing technical support to Libraries’ employees and volunteers who us the digitization lab.
1 years of supervisor experience required
**Only residents of the state of Colorado may apply for this position. **
Three years of work experience working in digital imaging technologies.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or non-correspondence school course work in Photography, Digital Arts, Digital Media, or related may substitute for the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
Be able to pass a criminal background check.
Required Job Related Competencies:
The successful candidate will possess/demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
1. Digitize library collections
2. Maintaining digitization lab and equipment
3. Supervisory experience
4. Provide training
• Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Digital Arts, Digital Media, or related field.
• Demonstrated experience in operating digital SLR cameras and a variety of scanners (flatbed, overhead, sheet-fed etc.)
• Proficiency using Photoshop for imaging tasks in a production environment.
• Ability to quickly and independently learn how to operate new software and hardware in a Windows OS environment.
• Ability to quickly and accurately adjust color, density, contrast and saturation for digital images.
• Ability to work within complex workflows and manage simultaneous imaging projects and/or tasks.
• Ability to maintain high level of quality and productivity.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work accurately and with close attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative, solve problems and prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an on-line application at https://www.jobsatcu.com referencing posting #816804.
University of Colorado Boulder Employment Services
Announcement & Application Site: https://www.jobsatcu.com