About The Logan School:
The Logan School for Creative Learning was founded in 1989 with the mission of providing an experience-based educational opportunity for gifted children of all backgrounds that allows each child to develop individually to his or her full potential. The school enrolls approximately 250 students from 4.5 through fourteen years of age. The educational philosophy entails an individual curriculum for each student, emphasizes hands-on learning, service learning and environmental education. The schools core values are empowering children, opening doors, fostering independence, fostering responsibility, and fostering care and concern for others.
The Logan School for Creative Learning is seeking a full-time librarian starting the 2012-2013 school year. This position oversees the general operations of the library, prepares and teaches an introductory library and technology skills class, and acts as part of a technology team that provides technological support and instruction in a dual platform environment.
The successful candidate must possess a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science, and preferably will have experience in a school setting. Candidates should also be familiar with the needs of gifted students, and have a strong understanding of children’s and YA literature.
The ideal candidate will have the skills necessary to perform the following tasks at a high level of proficiency:
• Manage the acquisition, processing, organization, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of
• Provide reference and reader’s advisory
• Assist with individualized student research
• Manage the circulation of library materials
• Copy and original cataloging of new materials
• Collaborate with teachers and school staff
• Create programs and instruction tailored to the needs of students and staff
• Develop and teach a library skills and technology class
• Assist with AV equipment and other technological support as needed
• Enjoy working with children and adolescents
Salary is dependent on experience. The Logan School provides full benefits, including a group health plan, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, dental, life, and disability to all full-time employees.
To apply, send résumé, cover letter, statement of educational philosophy to Mark Niedermier, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Logan School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.