Under the supervision of the Library & Museum Services Director, performs paraprofessional librarian duties that support the Library's Technical Services division, and performs bookkeeping and accounts payable work from the Finance Department's accounting system. Welcomes new volunteers and acts as a liaison to the Louisville Public Library Foundation. Work is reviewed and evaluated by observation and completion of tasks. Performs other work as requested.
This position will be schedule for 20 hours per week, based on the needs of the Library.
HIRING RANGE: $16.54 - $19.03
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
* Handles receiving of new library acquisitions, checks packing lists against invoices, barcodes new items, and RFIDs new items.
* Rapid receives new items and invoices new items.
* Verifies invoices and prepares check requests for payments for all areas within the library.
*Maintains accounts payable files.
* Prepares accounting reports from the Finance Department's accounting system.
* Prepares spreadsheets for Library and Museum line-item budgets.
* Contact vendors regarding shipments, invoices and statements.
* Maintains spreadsheets for General Ledger account and line-item budgets.
* Gathers City purchasing card statements and receipts for Library fines. * Assists staff with coding of purchase card statements.
* Pays monthly cable bills with City purchasing card.
* Maintains Library petty cash fund.
* Collects, reviews, and welcomes new volunteers. Based on the needs of the library, communicates volunteer's interest to appropriate library or museum staff members.
* Provides Library overview to new volunteers.
* Communicates with Human Resources staff to ensure that all required volunteer documentation is on file.
* Maintains spreadsheets of volunteers and keeps volunteer handbook up-to-date.
* Works with other Library staff members to plan, coordinate, and hold annual volunteer luncheon.
* Serves as staff liaison to the Louisville Public Library Foundation by verifying invoices and preparing check requests for payment. Copies and mails invoices and maintains Foundation files.
* Answers inquiries form internal and external customers.
* Covers for Support Services Coordinator when staff member is out of the office.
* Assists with special projects as needed.
* Assist with meeting room management.
* Attends various City meetings as requested.
Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent; two years of work experience in a public library; two years of work experience performing bookkeeping or accounts payable work; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products.
• Knowledge of automated library systems and equipment.
• Ability to coordinate volunteers in conjunction with Library needs.
• Ability to exercise considerable initiative and judgment.
• Ability to focus attention on tasks without losing concentration or becoming distracted by external activities or interruptions.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
This position involves bending, stooping, and reaching, standing, walking, sitting and manual dexterity. Physical exertion ranges from medium to heavy work in processing and moving materials. Technician I must be able to reach high shelves and low shelves in order to retrieve
books and other materials or equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, speak, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands, fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly fit and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is performed in the Library. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High School or Equivalent
High School or Equivalent
2 years of library experience preferred
Only on-line applications will be accepted. Please visit www.LouisvilleCO.gov.