.6 to 1.0 FTE Librarian & Media Specialist: position to start in August 2012. The Librarian is the caretaker of the beautiful recently constructed Summit Library and as such maintains the collection on a day-to-day basis. The library is a hub of Summit’s academic day providing a space for students to study and research. Students can also access 18 library computers and an adjoining computer lab. Supervising and assisting students in the library, as well as coordinating library technology use, is an essential job duty. The Librarian reports to and is supervised and evaluated by the Principal.
Located in South Boulder, Summit Middle Charter School is a tuition-free, public charter school in the Boulder Valley School District serving grades 6, 7, and 8. Summit Middle Charter School is a multi-faceted, public school of choice that provides a rigorous, academic curriculum focused on students who want to be challenged and are willing to work hard.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position:
• A BA/BS in the field of Library Science, or the ability to demonstrate NCLB “highly qualified” status.
• Colorado endorsement as a School Librarian is preferred but not required
• School library experience
• Strong computer and research skills
• Strong collaboration, coordination and organization skills
To apply, visit and complete the Summit Teaching Application.