Cherokee Services Group, a government contractor for the U.S. Geologic Survey, is seeking a full-time employee with demonstrated experience in data management. The salary is dependent on experience, with full benefits.
This position will have five primary functions:
1. Work closely with scientists and project managers to ensure protection and distribution of data products.
2. Construct plans, schedules, metadata, and documentation in support of projects.
3. Track the progress of projects, including product delivery and release schedules.
4. Add datasets and metadata to specified repositories and document submission workflow.
5. Communicate regularly and clearly with partners on project progress.
In addition, this position will be an integral part of the FORT Applications Development data management team and will participate in specified center working groups and activities.
This position is appropriate for computer information specialists with 3 years of experience in enterprise data management operations. The incumbent will communicate with management audiences, as well as interact with scientists on a technical level.
• Gains and maintains a working knowledge of all team data management and protection options
• Helps develop, document, implement best management practices and quality assurance protocols
• Supports data handling procedures, including dataset collection and reuse
• Helps complete project and product metadata
• Advises principal investigators throughout data management plan generation and update
• Provides options and cost estimates for product storage and long-term maintenance
• Ensures each PI submits the compliant data management planning materials
• Reviews metadata for completeness
• Tracks project schedules, product delivery commitments, and project completion requirements
• Reviews submitted data formats, as well as sensitive and restricted data
• Documents legal requirements associated with submitted products
• Supports management and protection of physical samples
• Reviews deviations in policy
• Manages data access and distribution
• Ensures data and product preservation
• Expedites repository options, based on changes in project direction
• Maintains project documentation
• Communicates with repository staff on project needs and issues
• Experience with enterprise data management operations
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Knowledge of and familiarity with web-based data input forms and workflows
• Knowledge of metadata formats (FGDC, ISO, ...)
• Proven ability to generate support documentation
• Experience with web-based issue tracking software
• Degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Library Science
• Experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux environments
• Ability to develop scripts in perl, python, or groovy
• Ability to read and manipulate XML
• Experience with Geographic Information System software
Computer Information Science or Library Science
Spanish is Not Required
Please apply online: www.cherokeenationbusinesses.com