The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries invites applications from innovative and enthusiastic service-oriented professionals for the position of temporary Systems Librarian. The temporary Systems Librarian participates as a member of the Libraries Information Technology department.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Libraries Information Technology, this position will take a leadership role with several projects, which may include:
• Working with existing databases to improve library services (e.g., dynamic displays of library hours; utility for capturing and reporting on reference questions)
• Designing and building new databases (e.g., library personnel database; library gifts database)
• Writing scripts or utilities to manipulate ongoing machine-to-machine data input for databases (e.g., an output from PeopleSoft that is imported into a library personnel database)
• Working collaboratively with other department personnel to share expertise about database design.
• Analyzing user requirements to define desired enhancements to services.
• Working collaboratively with the User Experience/Web team to develop a project plan to migrate the library web presence from DreamWeaver templates to a Drupal-managed system.
• Working with library departments to develop a strategy for moving their web content to Drupal.
• Providing library employees with support for and training on best practices for using Drupal.
Appointment and Salary: The successful candidate will be appointed for 10-12 months as a temporary, full-time lecturer with the possibility of renewal. Salary will be $3,333 per month. The option of participating in the University group health care plan is included. This is a temporary position without funding to support relocation.
Requirements: Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school completed or in progress; experience or education in relational databases and basic principles of database design; experience or education with PHP and MySQL (or equivalent technologies) and relational databases to create dynamic web applications; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; flexibility and positive outlook in times of transition; strong interpersonal skills; and effective oral and written communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications: Demonstrated proficiency with HTML/XHTML/CSS and current trends in web development; experience with Drupal; familiarity with Dreamweaver, Coldfusion, and jQuery; experience working in library environment with Librarians and other Library professionals; familiarity with library operations and systems; and a commitment to the library's instructional role in undergraduate education.
Application Procedure: Review of applications and nominations will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. It is suggested that applications be on file with the committee by July 22, 2012. Application must be made online at https://www.jobsatcu.com, referring to posting number 818379 and must include a letter of application specifically addressing qualifications for the position; CV or resume; and names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three references. Questions may be directed to Dylan Wiersma, Search Coordinator, at Dylan.Wiersma@colorado.edu.
The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin. The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, the University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
Announcement & Application Site: https://www.jobsatcu.com
Quicklink to Full Posting/Direct Apply: https://www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=69674