Dean of the Library, Regis University, Denver
Regis University invites applications from dynamic individuals for the position of Dean of the Library. The successful candidate will be a forward-minded leader with a commitment to communication, collaboration, and scholarship who will lead the Library and Learning Commons in their mission to cultivate a vibrant research and learning community.
The Dean is the strategic and operational leader for the Library and Learning Commons, crafting vision and administration to sustain a dynamic research and learning community. The Dean enhances and administers innovative and traditional academic support services and information dissemination systems that are integral to the University’s mission.
As a member of the President’s Advisory Committee, the Dean also leads the Library and Learning Commons in communication and collaboration among upper administration and faculty, staff, students, and the community. The recently-established Learning Commons is a collaborative, university-wide unit that provides resources to support and enhance students’ academic experience through testing services, prior learning assessments, writing consultation, and academic tutoring.
The Dean enables development and integration of academic support services and information dissemination systems that serve traditional and adult students, distance learners, faculty, staff and the community.
Regis University (www.regis.edu) is a Jesuit Catholic University committed to values-centered education that fosters the development of the whole person. Located on the main campus, the Library and Learning Commons are essential University-wide academic units, consisting of ranked and unranked faculty, staff, and student workers. Regis University is a member of the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries and the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. In accordance with its Jesuit Catholic mission of educating men and women as leaders committed to excellence, Regis University is dedicated to maintaining an inclusive atmosphere in which the civil rights of every individual are recognized and respected.
Since 1877, Regis University, Colorado's only Jesuit University, has been meeting the needs of students through innovative classroom-based and online programs designed to prepare learners to become leaders in the service of others. Regis University's commitment to the individual student is fostered through the heritage of our values-centered Jesuit education. Today more than 16,000 students call Regis University home. This Denver, Colorado-based University is comprised of Regis College, the Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, and the College for Professional Studies and offers classes in a campus-based setting as well as online programs at the undergraduate, graduate and doctorate levels.
Spanish is Not Required
1) Master of Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution. A second master’s degree or doctorate is preferred.
2) Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in an academic leadership position, with demonstrated ability to lead librarians and staff in the creation of a productive learning environment. Evidence of capacities for leading, mentoring, and relationship-building. Experience managing a budget strongly preferred.
3) Exceptional written/interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
4) Knowledge of current practices and emerging technologies for delivering information resources, services, and academic instruction.
5) Ability to work creatively and effectively in technologically complex and rapidly changing library and university systems.
6) Understanding of and experience with both traditional undergraduate and working adult students; familiarity with distance education programs and delivery systems.
Interested individuals may apply online at:
For additional questions, please contact the search committee chair:
Susan Scherer, PT, PhD
Associate Dean, Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions