Pueblo City County Library District is seeking a Lead Reference Librarian to join the Reference & Reader’s Advisory team at the Rawlings Library. The ideal candidate is a librarian who takes pleasure in working with people, is passionate about eliciting the customers’ needs through interview processes and techniques, and provides proactive customer service by locating materials, resources and services at the library and in the community. The position also supports the Supervising Librarian by coordinating staffing needs and by providing backup supervision.
The Lead Reference Librarian assists customers with their library needs. Provides quick reference, detailed research and reader’s advisory assistance. Uses information resources in a variety of formats including print, electronic, digital, audio/visual, database and internet resources.
- Assists customers by providing information about library resources and teaches customers how to use them.
- Provides back up supervision including directing work assignments, scheduling and addressing staff issues.
- Coordinates volunteers, oversees their assignments and approves volunteer time sheets.
- Advises the Collections Development Department on needs of the library collections of adult books, magazines, audio-visual, database and e-downloadable materials.
- Publicizes library events and materials through displays, bibliographies, brochures, through coordination with the Community Relations Department.
- Provides training to Library staff.
- Assists R&RA staff with difficult requests and acts as a Lead go to person for staff.
- Resolves customer issues and communicates library policies and procedures to customers.
Spanish is Preferred
Knowledge of Sirsi preferred.
Reference experience preferred.
Submit a completed application (found on our website at www.pueblolibrary.org) a letter of interest and resume to:
100 E. Abriendo Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81004
Sara Rose, Director of Human Resources 719-562-5632 or
Jennifer Martin, HR Assistant 719-562-5653