Provides management and oversight of the District’s Programs and Outreach. Work involves planning and/or coordinating programs, classes, and outreach at all District libraries and at various sites in the communities. Manager directly supervises literacy staff and coordinates or assists with program planning and delivery with Management Team and staff in District libraries. Work includes the management of grants and preparing reports and statistics for grants and collaborative programs. The Program and Outreach Manager will work with the Public Relations Manager to prepare grants related to programs and outreach for the Literacy Department and the libraries.
Delta County Libraries is a library district serving Delta County and a portion of Montrose County through five public libraries and literacy outreach.
Located on the Western Slope of Colorado, the County is known for a sunny climate, organic fruits and vegetables, wineries, and ranching. The area is a gateway to both mountains and canyons. The communities are rich in outdoor and cultural opportunities, they promote healthy lifestyles as well as hosting a rich and lively arts scene.
Delta County Libraries partners with the Delta County School District to provide adult basic education, GED preparation and ESL classes in our five communities.
Master's Degree in Education, ESL, TESOL, Non-Profit Administration or other related field will be considered. Educational certification or teaching experience is a desired asset. Adult Education experience desired.
Experience in planning and delivery of educational and entertaining programs and in developing community collaborations and partnerships essential.
Grant administration experience required.
Experience with current technology and technology training for the public required.
Successful candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Please download application from the Library District website: www.deltalibraries.org
Send with resume and cover letter to:
Delta County Libraries
Delta, CO 81416
Delta County Libraries
Delta, CO 81416
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Library District Programs
1. Collaborates with Management Team to plan programs and outreach at all locations. Convenes and coordinates staff committees for specialized programming for various ages and interests including the Summer Reading Programs and community reading programs. Facilitates sharing of ideas and successful programs.
2. Oversees early childhood programs including Baby and tot times, preschool story-times and other programs for young children. Assures consistent quality for early childhood programs.
3. Coordinates Outreach activities at schools and other organizations. Works with management team and staff to plan outreach. Assists with outreach opportunities
4. Builds and maintains partnerships and collaborations in all areas of the County and with a wide range of organizations and service providers. Assists managers and staff with partnerships and collaborations, community outreach, and marketing of programs.
5. Assists with budget preparation, strategic and ongoing planning, and goal setting as a member of the District Management Team
6. Participates on the District technology team and demonstrates leadership in technology. Plans or coordinates curriculum for public training and classes. Coordinates and assists library staff with planning, marketing and delivery of public training programs and classes. Collaborates with IT Manager in developing and scheduling technology training for staff.
7. Actively promotes the Library District and its programs. Conducts assessments and assists with outreach in the communities. Represents the District at local events and by membership in organizations and associations.
8. Assists the Public Relations Manager in identifying and preparing grants to enrich and expand District programs.
9. Hires, trains, and supervises Literacy teachers, staff, and volunteers under general oversight and guidance of the District Director
10. Collaborates with the PR Manager to promote literacy programs and classes. Conducts literacy outreach in the communities, assesses needs, and represents Literacy programming at local events.
11. Builds and maintains partnerships and collaborations in all areas of the County and with a wide range of organizations and service providers
12. Administers grants, assists grant writer in preparation of grants, keeps statistics and prepares reports for grant funded programs, participates in grant evaluations
13. Participates in grant related planning and training activities as well as planning for staff to attend training and activities
14. Manages grant related funding and expenditures in collaboration with the District bookkeeper and in accordance with grant parameters and deadlines
15. Develops curriculum plans, class schedules, program marketing, selects texts and learning materials, and assures District-wide service delivery
16. Promotes a culture of excellence and success for students and teachers