A. Administer volunteer recording activities for statewide library program, including selection, training, scheduling, coordination, and supervision of volunteer recording sessions in an on-site studio.
B. Oversee the acquisition, operation, and maintenance of highly technical recording and duplication equipment to produce archival masters and circulating copies.
C. Oversee and prepare all digital post production necessary to create digital talking books.
D. Ensure recordings meet National Library Service standards and quality control guidelines.
E. Act as liaison and consultant for audio production issues to the National Library Service (NLS) and to regional libraries in the NLS network.
F. Maintain departmental database, prepare monthly reports, write and maintain policies and procedures.
G. Perform special duties as assigned.
That All May Read - The Colorado Talking Book Library provides free library service to over 7,000 Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities whether permanent or temporary. CTBL provides audio, Braille and large-print books and magazines. We have a large volunteer program and Friends group that support the library in serving our patrons.
English, Speech, Drama, or related field (such as Radio-TV-Film/Broadcasting)
2 years of supervisor experience required
Spanish is Not Required
• Minimum two (2) years experience as a supervisor or team lead in a multi-activity environment.
• Minimum one (1) year experience teaching or managing volunteers.
• Minimum two (2) years experience working with analog and digital recording equipment.
• Ability to monitor, narrate, and review recorded books.
• Ability to train staff and volunteers in the use of complex equipment and to follow established national standards in recording and book production.
• Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities and to motivate both paid and unpaid workers.
• Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to pass a background check.
For preferred skills see the job posting.
For more information:
Please email a completed Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, letter of interest, and resume to email@example.com
To obtain a Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, visit our website at http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
All materials submitted should be current and specifically address the qualifications for this position. Hard copies of application materials and application materials sent via mail or fax will not be accepted.
Wendi Kispert, firstname.lastname@example.org
• All offers of employment are conditional to a successful background and references check. • Please be advised that the CDE may choose to contact work references other than those listed on your application. • Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, this is an exempt position which may require work outside of normal office hours. • Selected applicant is an employee at will. • Direct deposit of paychecks is required. • Smoking is not allowed in the State Office Building and is allowed only in designated areas outside the State Office Building. • Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy. • As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
offical job posting: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
CTBL website: http://www.myctbl.org
NLS website: http://www.loc.gov/nls