Under the mission of the Colorado Department of Education, the State Library’s Library Development unit provides leadership, consultation, continuing education, and technical assistance to public, school, correctional and state institutional libraries. This position works with a lively, creative, and smart group of people to make libraries better throughout Colorado.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Support Library Development director, supervisor, and 6.5 consultant staff with statewide initiatives including early literacy, summer reading, school library improvement and recognition, correctional libraries materials and services, and leadership and staff development.
B. Coordinate logistics for conferences, workshops, meetings, and trainings including selecting sites, negotiating contracts, developing online registration, tracking all project aspects with spreadsheets or other software, working with site, libraries, and participants, preparing materials, coordinating technology, and other related duties.
C. Support materials acquisitions including receiving, inventory, spreadsheet tracking, vendor relations, library customer service, courier, and shipping.
D. Support for web and social networking sites including adding content regularly.
E. Communicate and coordinate with library community on library development initiatives.
F. Track expenditures and maintain budget spreadsheets.
G. Provide administrative services such as answering CSL/CDE phones, preparing mail, tracking statistics, and budgets, arranging travel and professional development, and other duties.
H. Stay current with CDE policies and procedures and work to ensure proper implementation for official functions, procurement, travel, print publications and design, technology, and other activities as needed.
I. Assist Library offices with special projects or duties as needed and work within the administrative team for cross-unit success and ensuring efficient functioning of the State Library.
• Minimum three (3) years experience in an administrative support position.
• Proficiency with Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.
• Technical proficiency with Google Applications such as GoogleDocs.
• Experience coordinating project and/or event logistics including organizing, scheduling, managing, tracking activities, participant relations, and other details.
• Ability to prioritize among multiple project demands.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability and experience as effective part of a collaborative, adaptive team including taking initiative, anticipating needs, and providing internal customer service.
• The ability to pass a background check.
• Experience with web and social software content maintenance such as Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
• Experience planning events such as workshops.
• Experience and ability with design of flyers and other marketing materials.
Submit a Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, letter of interest and resume to:
Colorado Department of Education
Human Resources Unit
201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 409
Denver, CO 80203
Fax : 303.866.6318 Telephone: 303.866.6815