CARL Corp. is a leading provider of Library Automation Systems and is looking for a well organized, highly motivated, Software Sales Executive to produce new business that meets or exceeds annual sales goals, to define the sales strategy for CARL’s target market, and to lead proposal processes for the largest public libraries in the US.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in product sales to complex public libraries, a strong understanding of a public library’s use of technology and services, and be able to match their needs to CARL’s products and services in a competitive marketplace.
Compensation includes an excellent base salary, commission and bonus structure.
• Target and acquire new customers to support growth
• Meet or exceed established sales objectives.
• Develop sales plans for prospects that include identifying new revenue growth opportunities, forecasting revenue, developing key contacts and business relationships with influential individuals and high-level decision makers, and identifying competitive threats and developing effective countermeasures.
• Develop proposals, including pricing quotes, and close new sales for the CARL.X suite of products.
• Produce and deliver engaging and informative sales demonstrations.
• Establish effective communication strategies with customers and TLC staff.
• Travel requirements 50% to 70%
CARL Corp. is based in Denver and is a subsidiary of The Library Corporation (TLC). We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technologies, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements.
2 years of supervisor experience preferred
2 years of professional experience preferred
2 years of library experience preferred
Spanish is Not Required
• Minimum of 5 years experience in software sales at an account management level
• Possess a proven track record of successful sales over-achievement in professional environments, e.g. libraries, law firms, medical and/or educational institutions
• Ability to cold call on perspective customers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• A thorough understanding of sales methodologies
• Ability to work in a small team
• A high level of professionalism as well as excellent presentation skills
• Experienced selling into a proposal-based market
• Project a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
• Possess a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of our technology and the information industry, if not already known.