The Systems Software Quality Assurance Analyst carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. The position is responsible for the thorough testing of all software applications, and systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This position plans, designs, architects, and deploys effective testing for in-house product development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements. The position documents, reports, and works to resolve all problems. The position devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations; performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements. This position manages testing efforts for small to medium projects and large enhancement projects with multiple team members. This position assists in the creation, set up and maintenance of environments and data for use in testing. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Two (2) years direct experience in software and systems quality assurance is required.
• Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and systems testing solutions. Knowledge of continuous integration software tools and techniques is preferred.
• Must have strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies. Must have strong knowledge of user experience testing and usability techniques.
• Extensive experience with core software applications, including MS Office 2010, Visio is required.
• Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools is required.
• Must be technically proficient in programming languages, including PHP, .NET.
• Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including windows 7, Windows 8, Linus MAC OS X, and Windows Server 2008 is required.
• Must have working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, 802.11x, QoS, SSH, Telnet, FTP/SFTP, HHTP/HTTPS, SMTP, SSL, POP and OSI protocols.
• Must have project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures. Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is required.
• Must have proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws is required.
• Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented, with excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Must have the ability to learn and become proficient in skills, functions and technology required to perform job duties, working effectively independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to complete tasks.
The pioneer spirit, accompanied by the beauty of the mountains, foothills and plains, is gloriously evident in Douglas County. The County’s strength, as the centerpiece of the Denver/Colorado Springs development corridor, is a perfect blend of quality lifestyle and business environment. Through engagement, education, and entertainment, Douglas County Libraries transforms lives and builds community, and is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning. Douglas County Libraries, **USA's #1 Library (Hennen American Public Library Ratings, 2009, 2010),** is a major contributor as to why Douglas County has been nationally recognized as a great place to live, work and raise a family.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or a computer related field.
• Experience: Five (5) years’ work experience with testing, user experience and quality assurance.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Apply via our online application system at DouglasCountyLibraries.org. Hand delivered, mailed or emailed applications and resumes will not be accepted. EOE.
Our web site: http://www.douglascountylibraries.org/