The Database Programmer Analyst strategically designs and implements databases across the organization, while ensuring high levels of data availability. This position is also responsible for defining standards and models for database architectures. In addition, the Database Programmer Analyst will evaluate and select technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and applications. This position will design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications, which includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Database Programmer Analyst will develop leading edge technologies to help DCL better understand the treasure trove of data we collect, by turning this data into actionable insight as we deliver solutions, platforms and services that will change and improve the experience of every patron. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working technical experience with developing, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte database environments is required.
• Must have experience with database platforms, including MySQL, MSSQL, Sybase, MS Access, and with database design applications and database versioning.
• Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices is required.
• Must have hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Familiarity with in-house data-intensive applications is required.
• In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows 7, Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows Server 2008 is required.
• Working technical knowledge of current database software, protocols, and standards is required.
• Knowledge and experience with data processing flowcharting techniques is required.
• Proven project management experience. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is required.
• Must have proven analytical, conceptual and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Technically proficient in programming languages, including PHP, JAVA, .NET.
• Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including TCP/IP, SSH, Telnet, FTP/SFTP, HHTP/HTTPS, SMTP, HTML/HTML5, SSL, POP.
• Must have the ability to conduct research into software-related issues, standards and products, and data-based issues.
• Must have hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with Agile Development (SCRUM) is required.
• Experience with databases and querying required.
• Experience with pattern design is required.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience with statistical modeling and data mining algorithms preferred.
• Knowledge of continuous integration software tools and techniques preferred.
• Customer service skills are preferred.
• Must be self-motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
•Must have the ability to learn and become proficient in skills, functions and technology required to perform job duties, working effectively independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to complete tasks.
•Must communicate effectively using English. Must read, write and understand English at a level appropriate to the position
The pioneer spirit, accompanied by the beauty of the mountains, foothills and plains, is gloriously evident in Douglas County. The County’s strength, as the centerpiece of the Denver/Colorado Springs development corridor, is a perfect blend of quality lifestyle and business environment. Through engagement, education, and entertainment, Douglas County Libraries transforms lives and builds community, and is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning. Douglas County Libraries, **USA's #1 Library (Hennen American Public Library Ratings, 2009, 2010),** is a major contributor as to why Douglas County has been nationally recognized as a great place to live, work and raise a family.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
• Experience: Five (5) years’ work experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Spanish is Not Required
English is Required
Apply via our online application system at DouglasCountyLibraries.org. Hand delivered, mailed or emailed applications and resumes will not be accepted. EOE.
Our web site: http://www.douglascountylibraries.org/