The Outreach and Instruction Librarian is a full time, exempt-level position reporting to the Library Director. Our team of five plus student staff serves approximately 1,000 traditional undergraduate students and 4,000 adult and distance learners in a dynamic and growing academic library. The library offers a creative and friendly environment that focuses on student and faculty support. We are a flexible team that embraces new technology and user demands to provide excellent library service.
This 12-month position offers faculty rank and status with staff benefits and vacation. Colorado Christian University (CCU) does not offer tenure. This position will require evening and occasional weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Take a leading role in providing reference, instruction, and outreach to CCU students.
2. Build and maintain effective relationships with faculty and students.
3. Increase the visibility of the library and library resources.
4. Create real-time and asynchronous learning opportunities in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
5. Use LibGuides, Adobe Connect, Captivate, IM and SMS reference, and other tools to reach students on and off campus.
6. Serve on faculty and consortia committees.
7. Contribute to the day-to-day operation of a small library in all aspects including, but not limited to, circulation, collection management, staff supervision, website updates, training, tech support, and event planning.
Please see: http://issuu.com/ccuedu/docs/ccu_media_kit/3
Spanish is Not Required