The Web Services Librarian will actively participate as a member of RMC Health’s dynamic Professional Development Services team and will assume a central role in maintaining the daily operations of The Resource Center. The Web Services Librarian is occasionally needed to lift boxes/library materials of up to 30 pounds.
RMC Health is a private, nonprofit corporation whose mission is to strengthen the effectiveness of those working to improve the health and well being of children and youth. The Health and Learning Resource Center at RMC Health (The Resource Center) serves Colorado’s behavioral, school, and public health professionals by providing free access to current, high quality, and research-based information.
Spanish is Not Required
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with library, IT, and other staff to plan and implement integrations for multiple third party services to ensure that the result is a smooth streamlined user experience.
• Maintain and upgrade Drupal content management system. Design, code, and implement custom solutions to extend the functionality of Drupal platform and other library applications.
• Train appropriate staff in use, maintenance, and general principles.
• Provide basic reference services and customer service for library patrons, as needed.
• Utilize best practices in information architecture, user centric design methodology, and usability principles to create an effective user experience.
• Develop user interface, visual, and interaction design specifications for website standards and application interfaces.
• Work with marketing team to create and document style guides and templates to maintain standards. Communicate and document design rationale.
• Participate in designing and evaluating user testing.
• Improve automated user analytics collection. Analyze analytics and relevant usability testing data to inform design decisions.
• Research, recommend and implement systems and tools to extend and enhance the libraries' user experience.
• Stay abreast of developments in coding, CMS, usability, and other relevant fields.
• Maintain and update website content on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in education, health, social service or related field is preferred. Significant work experience may substitute for the degree. Master’s degree in library and information science, user interface design, or information architecture is strongly preferred.
• Minimum 1-year experience working in a library environment, connecting multiple online systems.
• Expertise developing and analyzing usability studies to improve use experience.
• Strong interest and enthusiasm for user interface design.
• In-depth knowledge of Drupal site-building, theming, and coding modules. Demonstrated ability to create and adapt custom Drupal modules.
• Experience with Apache Solr, MySQL.
• Fluency in a web-scripting language.
• Familiarity with integrated library systems.
• Exceptional public service skills and ethic, and an understanding of general library operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
• Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and manage multiple tasks/assignments.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strongly preferred experiences include administering Wordpress, knowledge of Google Analytics and custom reporting, and familiarity with the Amazon Product Advertising API, multiple local and cloud server environments, and with a version-control system such as Git.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
• RMC Health benefits package includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a retirement plan; and a generous vacation and sick leave allowance.
• Flexible, fun work environment. RMC Health has been awarded the Well Workplace for Small Businesses designation by the Wellness Councils of America and has been recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s Healthiest Employers.
Electronic submissions only:
• Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Web Services Librarian Position” in the subject line. Add the following attachments to your email:
o Cover letter that describes how your experience qualifies you for this position; and
o Current resume
Note: References are not required at initial application phase but will be required of finalists.
• To receive full consideration, submit your application by 5:00pm (MST) on July 16, 2013.
The start date is negotiable; the position is available immediately. For more information about RMC Health, visit www.rmc.org. RMC Health is an AA/EOE Employer.
No phone calls, please.
RMC Health website: http://www.rmc.org/
The Health and Learning Resource Center at RMC Health: http://trc.rmc.org/