Regis University is looking for one on-call reference librarian to work at the Dayton Memorial Library on the main Northwest Denver campus. The library serves a diverse student population in a wide variety of liberal arts and professional programs. Candidates should be experienced in providing general reference assistance in a print and online environment, feeling equally comfortable with answering questions in person, over the phone, and through e-mail. Though training will be provided, familiarity with business and health resources is a plus. The schedule is roughly 10 hours a month, with shifts occurring days, evenings, and/or weekends depending on departmental needs. Please note that there is no guarantee for hours in any given month.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide reference and informational services to library users in the library on the Lowell campus and beyond through appropriate technologies, effectively utilizing print and electronic resources. (100%)
1. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited library school.
2. Knowledge of print and electronic reference sources in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, business, and health care
3. Experience in classroom teaching.
4. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
5. Ability to work effectively with a diverse clientele and staff.
Experience in an academic library setting.
Regis University, inspired by its Jesuit Catholic heritage, has been committed to academic excellence, personal development and community engagement since its founding in 1877. Regis provides values-based education at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The motto “Men and Women in Service of Others” on the University seal describes the purpose of Jesuit education: to form men and women who use their knowledge in the unselfish service of others. Regis is comprised of three colleges: the College of Professional Studies, Regis College and the Rueckert-Hartman College of Health Professions.
Regis University’s main campus is based in Denver, Colorado, but has campuses throughout Colorado’s Front Range and through its distance learning initiatives. Regis University currently employees approximately 1000 faculty and staff and over 1600 affiliate faculty so that more than 14,000 students are instructed in its Jesuit Catholic values-centered education.
For more detailed information on this position and to apply online, please visit the Regis University job website at https://jobs.regis.edu