The Public Services Manager is a leader. They engage well with others and are passionate about providing exemplary service. They are up-to-date on current trends in the profession and a passionate advocate of libraries and their role in the community. They enjoy creating an amazing experience for JCPL customers.
Under the direction of the Director of Public Services this Public Services Manager will manage the Wheat Ridge Library and Collection Services. This Manager will be the collection leader to achieve Library collection objectives by planning, implementing and leveraging system resources to their fullest potential. The Manager has broad discretion to hire, assign, train, manage and supervise staff including coaching and best practices; is accountable for budget expenditures in the areas of Collection Services and the Wheat Ridge Library; makes decisions on policy enforcement and has authority to solve problems as non-routine situations arise; has authority to develop and provide library resources, including physical and digital, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas.
Staff in this position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association; as well as the ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Other duties include:
· Work in direct patron contact 4-8 hours per month.
· Recruit, assess, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff in area of responsibility
· Conduct outreach into the community
· Create a flexible environment for implementing new library services and trends
· Communicate goals and strategic priorities to staff under their management
· Communicate expectations to staff and colleagues about library service and trends in area of responsibility
· Advanced skill in using computers and electronic resources
· Communicate expectations and collaborate with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
· Ensure maintenance of library resources, including physical and digital.
· Manage promotion of programs to target audiences
· Provide direct customer service, particularly in non-routine situations.
· Develops Collection Services metrics, performance measurement and goal setting.
· Conducts ongoing statistical analysis of Library collection content, circulation, reserves, etc. and prepares reports for administration and Public Services staff.
· Designs and implements new efficiencies and experiments with new ways to accomplish work in the division and department.
Manages the quality and quanity of catalog work; resolves problems; works with outside vendors.
Uses established industry benchmarks to determine gaps in service provisions and quality.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree; a Master’s in Library & Information Science (may be in progress), or combination of education and equivalent library experience, is preferred.
Preferred qualifications include up to and including 3 years of library experience and 2 years of supervisory experience.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and education verification.
Spanish is Not Required
Application must be made online.
Sandie Coutts, ER Manager.
Jefferson County website jobs page: http://jeffcolibrary.org/jobs/