To a) provide bilingual library services to students at the Thornton Campus, b) manage all library services in the Thornton Campus.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Promote library services to the targeted student population.
2. Participate with program administrators and teaching faculty in the curriculum development process and in course planning to ensure that appropriate library resources and services are available.
3, Provide reference services, access services, technical services, and electronic services.
4. Serve as a liaison with other Library units and The Learning Commons to ensure seamless provision of services to faculty and students.
5. Develop online and print resource guides and tutorials and provide library instruction to the student population.
6. Oversee the operations of the Learning Resources Center in the absence of the Director of the LRC.
7. With the library technician, provide service and instruction of software in the computer center and language lab.
8. Provide virtual reference through AJCU Virtual Reference Project staffed by AJCU librarians nationwide.
9. Keep current in the profession through reading, visiting other libraries, attending professional conferences and other professional development opportunities.
11. Contribute to the profession through such activities as reading papers at professional and learned societies, consulting, publishing, participating in the committee structure of professional or learned societies, etc.
1. Master in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution..
2. Understanding of both traditional undergraduates and working adult students and distance education programs and delivery systems preferred.
3. Strong leadership and team-building skills. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
4. Excellent organizational and communication skills (both personal and written).
5. Fluent in Spanish
Regis University, inspired by its Jesuit Catholic heritage, has been committed to academic excellence, personal development and community engagement since its founding in 1877. Regis provides values-based education at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The motto “Men and Women in Service of Others” on the University seal describes the purpose of Jesuit education: to form men and women who use their knowledge in the unselfish service of others. Regis is comprised of three colleges: the College for Professional Studies, Regis College and the Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions.
Regis University’s main campus is based in Denver, Colorado, but has campuses throughout Colorado’s Front Range and through its distance learning initiatives. Regis University currently employees approximately 1,000 faculty and staff and over 1,600 affiliate faculty so that more than 14,000 students are instructed in its Jesuit Catholic values-centered education.
Spanish is Required
3 years of professional library experience
For more detailed information on this position and to apply online, please visit the Regis University job website at https://jobs.regis.edu