GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Collection Development Librarian coordinates the overall development of the library collection, provides reference services, supervises library activities during temporary absence of the Director of Library Services and fills in as needed in absence of other librarians.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Evaluate current holdings against identified standard bibliographies and class syllabuses.
2. Recommend purchases and coordinate faculty requests for the purchase of print, non-print materials, journals and databases.
3. Supervise the ordering of all materials.
4. Maintain records for budgeted funds related to the acquisition of all materials.
5. Evaluate usefulness of gift materials and collections.
6. Evaluate the collection and recommend titles for weeding.
7. Provide quick reference, bibliographical guidance and responses to complex research problems.
8. Supervise student workers as assigned.
9. Serve 10-15 hours at the reference desk and occasionally help patrons at the circulation desk.
10. Provide information literacy instruction for classes and create research guides.
11. Participate in assessment of library resources and services
12. Serve on university committees.
13. Share weekend/evening hours with other staff.
14. Assist patrons in use of copier, microform reader/printer and fax machine & computers.
1. Previous academic library experience preferred.
2. Experience with collection development policies preferred.
3. Knowledge of reference materials and provision of reference services preferred.
The following materials are required of each applicant:
1. Completed Wayland Application for Employment. (http://www.wbu.edu/faculty_and_staff/employment_opportunities/job_postings/default.htm)
2. Letter of Interest.
3. Current resume/vita.
4. Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (unofficial copies are acceptable for initial screening process).
5. List of Current Reference from individuals who can comment on the applicant’s ability to function in this capacity.
All application materials should be sent to:
Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #689
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981