The Rangeview Library District in Northglenn, CO, is seeking an innovative Children’s Librarian who is passionate about connecting people with literature and information. Bring your experience in youth services to help Rangeview become a “best in class” library.
We are looking for a versatile; creative, customer focused Children’s Librarian
• Schedule, plan, publicize and present youth programs and activities, both on and off-site; schedule and conduct library tours; select materials to be used in activities including audio-visual materials and crafts.
• Promote youth services, programs and activities including making oral presentations within the community.
• Assist in the development, evaluation and maintenance of youth collections by examining book reviews, user needs and other information.
• Recommend youth materials for purchase/replacement.
• Identify patron informational needs; provide reference referral information and readers’ advisory services to children and adults, both in person and on the phone; assist and/or instruct patrons in locating and using library resources, equipment, and services.
• Compile bibliographies and reading lists.
Minimum qualifications: MLS from an ALA-accredited Library School and one year full-time experience in working with children or teens.
Desired qualifications: One year youth service experience in a library setting.
1 years of professional experience preferred
1 years of library experience preferred
Spanish is Preferred
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school, experience in youth services and working with preschool through teen, and is an individual who is passionate about creating an outstanding library system.
If you are interested in joining our team please complete an Adams County application for this job which can be found at http://www.co.adams.co.us. For more information about the library district and this position visit www.rangeviewld.org