“We Open Doors for Curious Minds”
The Rangeview Library District in Adams County, Colorado, is seeking innovative Library Assistants who are passionate about opening doors for curious minds. If you enjoy connecting knowledge seekers in their search for information, enlightenment or entertainment, then Rangeview may be the perfect place for you to thrive and grow. Bring your experience in helping people and join us as we create new, experience-oriented library environments in our community.
We are looking for versatile, creative, customer-focused professionals to be our Library Assistants who rove the floors in our library branches, assisting the public in a variety of ways. You would be one of the friendly faces in our library family, welcoming a diverse population into our information centers and effectively connecting them with our products and services.
Your schedule would be determined by branch needs and will include some day,evening and weekend shifts. You would report to the Branch Manager.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
• Help customers find what they are looking for
• Assist customers with library card registration and circulation
• Provide general and information services to library visitors, both in-person and on the phone, assisting and/or instructing customers in locations and using library materials, equipment and services
• Perform basic online computer searches on our databases and on the Internet
• Create and coordinate special programs for the branch
• Participate in district-wide special projects
• Assist with regular library promotions, youth programs and outreach
Our ideal candidates will have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and technology skills and a high school diploma, with some college coursework strongly preferred. We would like to hear from you if you are an individual who is passionate about creating opportunities for people to have outstanding library experiences.
The Library Assistant is a part time-non-exempt position working less than 30 hours a week. This is a non-benefited position.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a letter of interest, resume and application (which can be downloaded from our website) and mail to: Human Resources, Rangeview Library District Administrative Building, 11658 Huron, Northglenn, CO 80234.
All application information can be turned in at any of our Rangeview Library branch locations as well.
Deadline: Friday, August 15, 2008.
For more information about this position and our library district, visit our website at www.rangeviewld.org.
Rangeview Library District website: http://www.rangeviewld.org