The Adams State University’s Nielsen Library is currently seeking applicants for an Acquisitions & Emerging Technologies Librarian. This position is responsible for the acquisition of print and audiovisual materials and for the identification, evaluation, and implementation of current and emerging technologies for the delivery of library services. This position also provides reference assistance, subject expertise in an academic area, and serves on library and campus committees. The Acquisitions & Emerging Technologies Librarian supervises work study students and may supervise other hourly employees on a periodic basis. This position reports to the Library Director.
Summary of responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the acquisitions process, including the supervision or work study students.
- Oversee the acquisition of office and other supplies.
- Create, maintain, and improve library web-pages.
- Coordinate the management and repair of library laptops and CPUs-
both hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of tutorials and other research/instructional tools as necessary.
- Serve as liaison between the library and ASU’s Computing Services.
- Serve as liaison between the library and the Marmot library consortium.
- Evaluate and implement emerging technologies.
- Provide reference assistance 8-10 hours per week, occasionally more.
Adams State University is a state-supported institution that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. Located in Alamosa in the San Luis Valley of south-central Colorado, approximately 4 hours from Denver and 2.5 hours from Santa Fe, Adams State is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution and as a regional education provider. Addition information about the university can be found at http://www.adams.edu. Information about Alamosa can be found at http://www.alamosa.org.
- Experience with MS-Windows, MS-Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), Internet, e-mail programs (Thunderbird and SquirrelMail.)
- Interlibrary loan: OCLC, CLIO, Odyssey.
- Cataloging: OCLC, label programs.
- Webpage management: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Bricolage, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- ILS and OPAC: Millennium and VuFind.
- Spanish language skills.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, graduate transcripts, and three references. Electronic submission of application packets is encouraged. Official transcripts will be required prior to campus interviews. Application deadline is September 1, 2012.
Adams State University
Alamosa, Colorado, 81101
Administrative Openings at Adams State: http://www.adams.edu/administration/hr/admin_positions.php