Responsible for circulation and ILL tasks in federal geoscience library using Horizon integrated library system and OCLC bibliographic and ILLiad software.
Responsibilies include circulation desk duty, ILL transaction processing, document id and retrieval, statistical reporting, collection maintenance, material processing, database maintenance.
Serves scientists and researchers at Denver Federal Center. Supports federal agencies and public through ILL.
Combination of education and/or experience in library science to permit preformance of required tasks.
- 1 year of experience with the OCLC Interlibrary Loan or Cataloging subsystems.
- 1 year of experience working with an Integrated Library System (Horizon preferred)
- Experience with library data systems, including OCLC’s FirstSearch and ILLiad services, and the Horizon integrated library system.
- Understanding of the ALA Interlibrary Loan Code, ILL protcols and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills, good verbal and written communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Computer and keyboard proficiency.
- Experience with scanning equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend and lift heavy books.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Requires ability to pass background check including FPS Form 176 and fingerprinting.