Works with staff from TWO offices in the State Library: Office of Networking & Resource Sharing (NRS) and Office of Library Research Service (LRS).
GENERAL OFFICE OPERATIONS SUPPORT FOR NRS AND LRS
1. Produce and process required Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and other departmental forms including but not limited to: purchase orders (POs), statement of work forms (SOWs), IT expense approval requests, memoranda of understanding (MOUs), and contracts. Collect and submit NRS and LRS timesheets.
2. Track internal office budgets and coordinate expenditures with NRS & LRS directors, and CSL fiscal officer. Purchase resources and contract for professional services as necessary/directed. Keep Directors informed of purchasing and expenditure deadlines, as well as other budgetary issues. Stay informed and manage PCard purchases for NRS & LRS.
3. Stay up to date with CDE intranet site and CDE policies / procedures
4. Organize local arrangements for meetings and other events and help with arrangements for meetings in other parts of the state. Set up room reservations for meetings, do equipment checkouts, contact participants, order lunches, copy agenda and necessary handouts. Register participants as needed. Complete and process official function authorization and reimbursement forms to ensure that all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
5. Schedule travel arrangements for NRS and LRS staff through authorized state travel agent or motor pool; research flight schedules and fees, lodging and rental car rates, etc. Submit travel authorization and reimbursement forms for signature and payment.
6. Facilitate communication with others via email, IM/chat, phone, fax, and online calendars on behalf of NRS and LRS staff. Coordinate staff meetings including scheduling, taking minutes, and producing monthly reports.
7. Process school and public survey announcement letters for LRS. Send out, receive and keep track of Letters of Intent, invoices and payments for AskColorado | AskAcademic.
8. Manage document production and distribution. Coordinate with Integrated Document Solutions (IDS) and other vendors for production of print materials as needed. Ensure that sufficient copies are delivered to the State Publications Library for itself and depository libraries (LRS material). Distribute LRS & NRS marketing materials as needed.
GENERAL STATE LIBRARY SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate actively with Administrative Support Team. Attend regular meetings and share information about activities of NRS and LRS offices.
2. Assist in training new administrative assistants within State Library as needed
3. Provide CSL & CDE phone support as scheduled. Additional “front desk” duties include receiving and distributing all mail and deliveries; and monitoring courier service.
4. Coordinate bi-monthly CSL COnnects mailings to libraries and educators. Work with CSL staff, IDS, and temporary staff to ensure the mailing is accurately compiled and sent to libraries or posted to CSL webpage on schedule.
5. Process orders for the CSL brochures weekly: compile email and phone orders, enter orders in database, pull, package, and ship orders, and initiate follow-up correspondence as necessary. Maintain brochure supplies: organize inventory, bundle brochures, and order brochures in coordination with appropriate unit. Compile usage statistics for reporting and ordering purposes.
6. Order supplies for general use by CSL staff. Also includes ordering supplies for either NRS or LRS office specific use.
SUPPORTS VARIOUS STATEWIDE SERVICES - SPECIFICS
1. Provide assistance in the production of training materials for LRS and all NRS statewide services
2. Coordinates ALL statewide SWIFT bookclub circulation activities, which includes selection and weeding of materials, distribution of materials, client support (phone/email). Develops new plans/initiatives associated with the bookclub. Creates social media-based marketing messages. Routinely inventories SWIFT bookclub and solicits donations through statewide communication channels. With guidance, designs/redesigns content and functionality for the SWIFT bookclub web site
3. On occasion, develops visual marketing materials and updates existing designs of materials for various NRS services.
BACKUP SUPPORT FOR ADOBE CONNECT ACTIVITY WITHIN THE STATE LIBRARY
Serves as a backup for the State Library in supporting Adobe Connect and its online meeting spaces, specifically:
1. Schedule Connect events/meetings for State Library staff members
2. Create online meetings in Connect – work with State Library consultants on their meeting setups
3. Schedule equipment – microphones, web cams
TECHNOLOGY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
2. Must stay up to date with Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Photoshop Elements and InDesign as well as media tools; Adobe Connect; Internet Explorer and other web browsers. These are core tools used in conducting the services of the NRS and LRS Offices, which are predominantly online and delivered with technology systems.
3. Ability to learn and use various web tools, including content management systems, social software systems, and search engines. Applies mastery of these tools to support two technology-savvy offices.
Assist Directors and unit staff members with special projects (such as preparation for a large conference or mailings) as required. Perform other assistant duties as assigned.
The Colorado State Library is a division of the Colorado Dept. of Education.
We provide leadership and expertise in developing library-related policies, activities, and assistance for school, public, academic, and special libraries. A primary goal of our efforts is to improve the ability of libraries to provide quality services to all Coloradans.
CSL staff provide consulting and training in areas such as 21st Century learning, strategic planning, library law, children's services, and state institutional library services. We also manage statewide electronic services such as AskColorado and SWIFT interlibrary loan, web site hosting, historic newspaper digitization, and the Colorado Virtual Library.
• Minimum three (3) years experience in an administrative support position.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
• Technical proficiency with Google Applications such as Gmail and GoogleDocs.
• Ability to prioritize among multiple project demands.
• Eye for organization and ability to keep workspace clean and neat.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience serving as part of a collaborative team, including taking initiative, anticipating needs, and providing internal customer service.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• The ability to pass a background check.
• Experience with web and social software content maintenance such as Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
• Experience with Microsoft Publisher, Photoshop Elements or other graphics tools.
• Experience and ability with design of flyers and other marketing materials.
Application requirements and instructions:
Applicants are required to submit a brief but well-written cover letter along with a detailed resume. Names and contact information for three work-related references must be included.
PLEASE follow the application process outlined on the CDE Job Openings website: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
Wendy Kispert, 303-866-6815, firstname.lastname@example.org
Service TO libraries is central to our mission. Candidates interested in libraries are desired.
Colorado State Library: http://www.coloradostatelibrary.org
Job Openings at CDE: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm