PURPOSE: The Development Director manages resource development opportunities to increase financial support for the Library.
RELATIONSHIPS: Works under the supervision of the Library Director and as a member of the Community Relations team. Supports the activities of the Library Foundation Board of Directors. Works closely with various stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES: (90%) :
Donor Relations & Fundraising (65%)
• Create a case for support: Coordinate with staff to identify needs, develop projects and build awareness for funding.
• Cultivate individual donor relationships with the Library District/Foundation through personal visits, correspondence, appeals, etc.
• Actively solicit gifts for priority projects, programs and services.
• Build the donor base and further relationships with donors.
• Develop and nurture a planned giving program for the District/Foundation.
• Continue building the endowment to provide long-term support for the District.
• Manage the donor database, track contributions and research prospect information.
• Generate appropriate recognition of donations to District/Foundation.
• Integrate the Library Director into fundraising.
• Draft annual fundraising golas working with the Library Director, based on needs and opportunities, as supported by the Library Foundation Board.
Community Relations & Marketing (15%)
• Engage with Estes Valley community as an active, involved citizen.
• Make personal appearances and give presentations to various audiences to develop relationships and promote the Library.
• Direct efforts to increase the Library’s prominence in the community as an organization worthy of support.
• Work with the Library Director to develop and implement a public relations plan.
• Generate consistent communications for all Library programs, events and press releases as a member of the Community Relations team.
Estes Valley Public Library Foundation Board (10%)
• Engage the Board of Directors appropriately in the fundraising process.
• Create and implement effective donor relationship-building plans.
• Direct Board with stewardship responsibilities, informing donors how their gifts make a difference.
• Manage fundraising records and provide timely reports.
• Lead Foundation Events committee on fundraising activities.
SECONDARY DUTIES (10%) :
• Directs Volunteer Coordinator on recruitment, retention of volunteers, so that more people are involved in the library, leading to community and donor engagement.
• Collaborate with staff members to clarify project goals, objectives and activities, and to prepare project budgets for proposals.
• Provide direction to Foundation Grants committee. Research and prioritize grants to be written. Identify and orchestrate proposals and submit to Library Director for review before filing with funders.
• Work with Library Director to build relationships with funders.
• Submit timely grant progress reports. Maintain grants database and files.
• Participate in organization-wide strategic planning and team activities.
• Attend library staff and board meetings as necessary.
• Engage staff, Friends of the Library and Trustees appropriately in the fundraising process.
• Network with foundation professionals and local peers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Successful experience in nonprofit financial development including operating, capital and endowment fundraising. Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. Proven attention to detail and follow-through. Intermediate (or better) computing skills and database management. Commitment to confidentiality. Excellent written and oral communication skills, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, courteously and professionally interacts with all Library stakeholders.
Sense of humor.
Kindly send resume and cover letter via e-mail to: Estes Valley Public Library District Director Claudine Perrault - firstname.lastname@example.org - EOE
About Us: Employment: http://www.estesvalleylibrary.org/about.asp?loc=114