POSITION OVERVIEW: The Wyoming State Law Library is seeking a professional and innovative Law Librarian to provide a variety of services including reference services, cataloging duties, circulation duties, interlibrary loan duties, collection management duties and other responsibilities as needed. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Law Librarian performs most of the day to day functions of the library, including:
• Providing reference services to and research projects for the Wyoming judicial branch staff, attorneys, and the general public via email, phone and front desk time;
• Circulation duties such as checking in and discharging materials as well as working with patron records, including circulation records and debit accounts;
• Cataloging duties including cataloging all new incoming items in a SirsiDynix system using MARC standards;
• Interlibrary loan duties including managing requests from VDX and OCLC systems as well as handling any long distance patron requests via mail;
• Basic collection management duties including shelving and weeding the collection;
• Patron statistics duties including keeping track of all patron statistics and creating reports as needed;
• Editing and posting Supreme Court opinions to the online database;
• Writing Supreme Court opinion summaries and posting them to the Wyoming attorney listserv and library blog;
•Other responsibilities as needs arise.
• Knowledge of library science, including reference services and information management
• Knowledge of both paper and online legal research techniques.
• Knowledge of basic computer applications.
• Knowledge of principles of resource sharing.
• Knowledge of supervision, planning, and managing multiple priorities.
Education: Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited library program. A degree in law from an ABA accredited law school is desirable.
Starting Salary Range: $52,000 – $59,000. Salary is commensurate with experience, qualifications and education. Full benefits are available including vacation and sick leave, health insurance, optional dental and vision insurance, and several retirement options.
The Wyoming State Law Library serves as the source of legal information for the Wyoming Judicial System, with particular emphasis on the Wyoming Supreme Court. It also serves as a research library for the legislative and administrative branches of Wyoming State Government.
Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited library program is required. A degree in law from an ABA accredited law school is desirable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit the Wyoming Judicial Branch Employee Application, cover letter, resume, and the name, address, telephone numbers, and e-mail of three references to: Diane Bauersfeld, Wyoming State Law Librarian, 2301 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002. Applications must be postmarked by June 7, 2013.
Application and additional information may be found on the Wyoming Supreme Court website: http://www.courts.state.wy.us/Employment.aspx
THE WYOMING SUPREME COURT IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER