Jones eGlobal Library is a turnkey solution for high schools and colleges to host a state-of-the-art online library. We empower educational institutions to easily and affordably create their own, customized digital library by using the rich components of our extensive library platform along with their electronic information sources. Jones eGlobal Library offers additional services such as electronic books, databases, tools, and services to fulfill the library needs of each institution.
Jones eGlobal Library (EGL) builds and propagates digital libraries. We continuously curate the knowledge slice of the Internet along with other digital resources. We provide a digital platform, pertinent services, and digital tools to optimize learning and research efficiency in a user-oriented environment for learners, teachers, administrators, and librarians on an economically sustaining basis.
The Digital Services Librarian will build, deploy, and maintain digital libraries for our Higher Ed, K-12, and Corporate clients. This librarian possesses excellent skills in analyzing information quickly, accessing resources, developing collections, curating content, and presenting information in an organized and fluid manner for the end user. The Digital Services Librarian collaborates with the Research and Development team to improve the user interface, test new delivery platforms, and assist with technical issues. We are seeking a technically savvy, creative, and customer-focused librarian with the following qualifications:
• One or more years of experience in technology or systems-related department.
• Experience with HTML/CSS and website design.
• Technical support experience especially working with database aggregators or supporting products and services for libraries, librarians, and students.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with a variety of constituencies.
• Knowledge of current issues in digital preservation, metadata, and data curation.
• Quality control / assurance experience a plus.
• Basic knowledge of copyright and rights management in relation to digital information.
Formal Education Required and/or Equivalent Experience:
• Graduate degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution.
• Familiarity with standard computer technologies and information architecture fundamentals.
• Familiarity with website administration, accessibility, and usability.
• Familiarity with digital asset management systems.
• Familiarity with MARC and non-MARC metadata standards (e.g., Dublin Core, EAD).
• Background or understanding of taxonomies and schemas.
• Familiarity with features, functionality, and administration of database aggregator products.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
• Office environment.
• Occasional travel for conferences and sales-oriented events.
Primary Functions - Library Deployment and Support
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with client librarians, faculty, and administrators.
• Conduct product demos, needs analysis, research, and recommend online library options to current and potential customers.
• Design, build, test, and deploy custom libraries using standard platform tools.
• Prepare and ensure delivery of data, reports, and product according to production schedules.
• Ensure usability of library and resources.
• Work with technical services to manage and ensure access to electronic resources, which includes: configuring digital library; loading metadata for e-books, e-journals, and other content; and troubleshooting all access issues.
• Track, analyze, and troubleshoot support issues and devise prompt, accurate, and strategic answers to inquiries from clients, library users, and partners.
• Manage projects using project management methodology.
Secondary Functions - Collection Development, Content Curation, and Operations Support
• Create content-rich digital collections based on specific subject areas.
• Harvest content databases via predominately (but not exclusively) automated means.
• Strategically acquire content to maximize program goal achievement within budgetary constraints.
• Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding possible content options appropriate for eGlobal clients.
• Conduct complex analysis projects in support of the growing collections of licensed digital resources, which include in-depth study of electronic holdings, expenditures, and usage statistics.
• Provide detailed collection analysis reports; advise on the acquisition and cancellation of electronic resources.
• Review digital resource licenses and user agreements to ensure their compliance with established standards, requirements, best practices, and copyright guidelines to ensure the broadest educational uses.
• Recommend and oversee development of tutorials and other performance support materials for library users.
• Assess, research, and recommend alternative information organization strategies.
• Contribute to market research and analysis (customers and competitors).
• Collaborate with team to improve the quality of products and to invent and implement improved methods for supporting library products and services.
• Collaborate on build-out for subject-specific research, information literacy, and writing research guides.
Assume additional duties as assigned
Hiring for a Digial Acquisitions/Collections Development Librarian for eGlobal. Please see full job description at www.jones.com
Apply online at www.jones.com