The person in this position will provide research assistance, including virtual reference, assist at the integrated service desk, teach library instruction classes, and provide departmental support in a busy academic library serving three institutions, University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver and Community College of Denver. Requires a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend hours. Saturday and late afternoons are required.
Duties of the graduate assistant:
• Provide research assistance: at the AskUs Desk (integrated service) and online through the Auraria Library chat services and AskAcademic.
• Assist with Collection Development/Acquisitions projects as needed.
• Library instruction: introductory level and English Composition courses (online and face to face). Work with campus faculty in curriculum planning for the workshop and assessment. Conduct library tours of the library as needed.
• Work with individual library instructors in the development and implementation of assessment tools and analysis of data.
• Prepare course/curriculum materials, such as online research guides or handouts in multiple format types (web based, print, steaming, etc).
• Work closely with the Library Instruction Head and the Library Instruction Assistant to determine work flow and needs.
• Weekends: provide research and circulation assistance on a Saturday rotation and teach Saturday library instruction classes as needed.
• Evenings: Teach library instruction classes during evening hours as needed.
• Provide departmental support.
Qualifications: must be able to work well with the public, be comfortable teaching in the classroom and providing research assistance.
• Currently enrolled graduate student.
• Strong knowledge of library research methods.
• Experience or interest in the assessment of student learning.
• Knowledge of common software packages.
• Knowledge of Web based applications (Web 2.0 tools, etc.).
• Teaching experience is desired, an interest in teaching is required.
The library serves a diverse academic community that includes three institutions: University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver and the Community College of Denver.
Candidates must be currently enrolled students.
Send application materials (cover letter and resume) to:
Mary Dodge, Auraria Library, 1100 Lawrence St. Denver, CO 80204
If you have any questions about the position or application please contact Lorrie Evans at 303-556-6776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.