The teacher librarian will provide digital literacy instruction, digital literacy instructional leadership, and library leadership and support by:
1. Purposefully implementing instruction of digital literacy skills with an emphasis on inquiry, within content area classrooms.
- Plan/collaborate with classroom teacher to integrate technology skills into existing lesson plans.
- Plan/collaborate with classroom teachers to provide instruction of information literacy skills and the inquiry cycle
- Plan/collaborate with classroom teachers to instruct in internet safety skills
- Clearly identify digital literacy skills addressed per lesson, per grade level
- Co-teach lessons with the classroom teacher
- Assess digital skills along with content knowledge after lesson completion
- RE-teach digital literacy skills as indicated by assessment data
2. Provide formal and information professional development for staff to help empower teachers to integrate technology and information literacy skills into content areas.
3. Provide orientation of library resources to students and staff
4. Build partnership with media clerk in order to provide access to digital and library resources to students and staff
5. Provide library management and leadership related to:
- Library budget
- Acquisitions: includes surveying staff and student digital resource needs and coordinate selection of databases, apps and tools
- Organization, use, and scheduling of the library space
- School library policies and procedures
- Use and maintenance of the online catalog system
7. Align the goals and services of the library with the educational objectives and programs of the school.