Are you a visionary in your library in the areas of digital services, emerging technologies, discovery and access, metadata or circulation? Do you want the opportunity to solve industry problems through technology? Are you invested in the future of public libraries? We are looking for you! The Library Corporation (TLC) is seeking passionate, creative, innovative and energetic librarians and library professionals to join our CARL Strategy Team. We are currently accepting applications for multiple Product Owner positions.
TLC Product Owners (PO) guide the development of our software. We are seeking strong leaders to guide development of CARL•Connect Discovery, our metadata and public access catalog discovery software and platform and the CARL•Connect Circulation web-based products. In the Agile Scrum software development environment, the Product Owner (PO) is the project’s key stakeholder. The PO will develop and maintain a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the development team. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and product features from concept to End of Life (EOL). The PO works with architects, product marketing and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The PO is responsible for the quality and delivery of a product or feature set within the CARL product line. The PO works with the Director of Product Strategy to make decisions on design, usability, and priorities and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The PO understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
• Collaborate with product architect and product strategy teams to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
• Work with project managers, director of product strategy, and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
• Work with development teams and UX designer to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partner libraries
• Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
• Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for support, sales and other queries related to the product
• Work with key stakeholders, raising risks and impediments to teams across the company to ensure successful product release
About The Library Corporation: TLC is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technologies, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements. These positions will work out of the TLC office in Denver, Colorado.
Successful Candidates will: