Provides in-depth research consultations, point-of-need information literacy instruction, and reference services for online education students; develops online library instruction best practices and standards; assesses online library instruction; collaborates with other reference librarians and library staff. This position also provides in-person reference services in the learning commons and on-campus classroom information literacy instruction; serves as liaison to assigned academic divisions; participates in print and electronic collection development; collaborates on library programming and college initiatives; participates on committees; collaborates with college staff and faculty.
This is an on-campus position. Location may vary depending on departmental needs and may include rotating to Pikes Peak Community College’s regional campuses.
- American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s degree.
- One or more years of work experience in a library.
- One or more years’ experience with providing information literacy instruction in the online classroom.
- Experience with providing reference assistance in virtual environments.
- Experience assessing library instruction and student learning outcomes in the online classroom environment.
- Experience developing and providing online programming, i.e. interactive webinars.
- Experience with in-person reference assistance in the physical library or learning commons environment.
- Understands the community college student and their diverse learning needs.
Salary is $3,640.92 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Interviews will be conducted in-person. The College does not reimburse candidates for travel expenses associated with interviewing, unless otherwise indicated at the time of call for interview.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
Description of Community
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC), located in Colorado Springs, is one of 13 institutions in the Colorado Community College System. PPCC has annual revenues over $100 million and present enrollment at approximately 20,000 students on three full-service campuses.