Dentons US LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with more than 900 lawyers in the United States. The firm is seeking a full-time Research Specialist for the Denver office. This position manages the Denver office collection and performs in-depth legal research, and other legal, business and competitive intelligence research support as needed to support the lawyers, paralegals and other staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide complex business and legal research services to the firm's lawyers and staff as part of the firm-wide research team.
- Maintain the operation and collection of the Denver library.
- Assist lawyers, professionals and support staff in conducting research using online and other research materials and technologies available at the Firm.
- Prepare alerts and resource awareness communications for internal clients.
- Conduct orientations regarding research services procedures and uses for new personnel.
- Share expertise, resources awareness and service delivery best practices and innovation concepts with Department peers.
- Support information access and decision making tools analysis, design, implementation and support initiatives of the Firm's Knowledge Management Department.
- Log research and other productive time in the Firm's research tracking and knowledge base system.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of research and analysis experience in a law firm, professional services, or corporate law firm research environment.
- Masters of Library Science degree, J.D., or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with Government Contract research and resources is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of standard legal research sources both in print and online.
- Strong client and team interpersonal and consensus generating collaboration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, perform under tight time deadlines and flexibly adjust to changing priorities.
Dentons offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer.
Description of Community
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com