Starting Date: ASAP
Period of employment: Initially four to six weeks, tentative month to month and may be extended as needed and based on success with the temp employee placed.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Min of 32 hours/week up to 40. Tuesdays-Saturdays
- Schedule may vary for the first couple of weeks in order to allow for training
- Tuesdays–Thursdays:1:00pm - 7:30pm
- Fridays: 11:30am – 5:30pm
- Saturdays: 9am-5:30pm
- Additional schedule and hours determined as needed between supervisor and temp hire
David Martinez, Access Services Manager. Other Access staff may direct and help train.
- Works on the library service desk answering questions, in person, by telephone, searching library catalog and other tools to assist patrons with locating items and finding, etc. Keeps desk statistics;
- Uses the library’s system to checkout books and course reserves to library patrons;
- Assists patrons with basic questions about computers in public area, distributes guest passes for computer login;
- Assists users with printing systems in the library, wireless connections and support to other public equipment and troubleshooting;
- Pulls items from shelves as directed by supervisor and other library staff; does some pickup and re-shelving of library material as assigned and needed
- Helps close the library (on Sundays-Thursdays) by making announcements, monitoring front doors, counting users out, sweeping floors asking patrons to leave, shuts down service desk, “locks things up”.
- Customer service experience, working with diverse public;
- Good communications skills in person and ability to handle phones, take messages, etc.
- Familiarity with and good skills on computer and with computer equipment. Comfortable with Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, Excel);
- Operate photocopier machine, load paper into copiers or laser printers;
- Eye for detail and experience with data entry;
- Must be able to lift 25-30 pounds; push carts with books/journals; job requires standing, bending, stooping, and sitting down for hours at time;
- High School or Equivalent
Other Education Credentials
High school degree and some college course work is preferred.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Contact Information