Our bustling Belmar Library is seeking a Full-time Adult Services Librarian. We are looking for an individual who will provide dynamic leadership in adult programming, subject matter mentoring for staff, and proactive community outreach. If you are an outgoing, enthusiastic, innovative, technology-minded leader, and are excited about the prospect of growing and learning in an ever-changing test-kitchen library, then this may be the job for you!
- Provides holistic library service and creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons.
- Handles the most difficult patron questions by utilizing complex research skills.
- Ensures equal access to all resources and materials, both physical and digital.
- Develops and provides library instruction and patron education individually and in groups.
- Performs community outreach via classes, workshops, and programs both in the library and off site.
- Develops, promotes, and delivers creative, quality programming to meet community needs and interests.
- Collects, analyzes, and utilizes data to adjust programming.
- Evaluates and maintains the existing collection through weeding and transferring of materials.
- Promotes the collection through enticing visual displays and special exhibits.
- Collaborates in the creation of content for the JCPL website and social media resources.
- Provides guidance and support in daily operations to staff and volunteers.
- Assumes the duties of the Person-In-Charge when scheduled or in the absence of the manager.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library, formed in 1952, is the largest public library in the state of Colorado and in the Rocky Mountain Region. Nestled midway between the city of Denver and the nearby Rocky Mountain Region, and spanning 774 square miles, Jefferson County is the second largest county in Colorado. Jefferson County Public Library is a Department in Jefferson County Government.
Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create. We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities. Everyone is welcome at JCPL. We serve with care, meet patrons where they are, give them our full attention, and strive to exceed their expectations. Our core values are: Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
HR Contact Information
Jefferson County Public Library
Please Apply Here