This position is responsible for acting as the first point of contact for The Library Corporation’s (TLC’s) CARL•X and CARL•Connect Integrated Library Systems customers. The ideal candidate will have a blend of library and technical experience, excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work individually as well as part of a multifunctional team. This position requires extensive phone support combined with some in person support thus good communication and presentation skills and the ability to build rapport quickly are important. Working with customers who have varying levels of technical expertise, the successful candidate will be able to use problem determination, analysis, trouble shooting and documentation skills to resolve customer’s questions and concerns. This includes the follow up and closure of application software, hardware, server operating systems, third party products, peripheral equipment and internet connectivity issues.
• Receive calls and monitor incoming tickets, acting as primary point person for customer issues from report to resolution. Provide Tier 1 and 2 support and diagnostics for critical operational and application issues. Escalate tier 3 issues appropriately within the TLC office.
• Investigate, analyze and solve issues reported by TLC clients, inclusive of software, hardware, network and peripheral equipment problems.
• Provide system management operational support to TLC ASP customers.
• Participate in creation and maintenance of knowledge based documentation used for trouble resolution and training.
• Provide training, in person and remotely, for customers on processes and applications.
• Participate in pager rotation nights and weekends.
• Assist in other system/operational/support projects as needed.
About The Library Corporation: TLC is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technologies, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements. This position will work with TLC CARL customer accounts which are supported out of the office in Denver, Colorado.
• Library experience - 2 years of experience in any one of the following areas (desired): library circulation, library collection development / acquisitions ordering & receiving, or library technical services, support or help desk
• Technical support - 6 months (desired)
• Strong customer service skills and orientation
• Excellent communication and presentations skills
• Proven troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
• Technical aptitude and understanding of software, hardware and connectivity issues
• Ability to gather and evaluate data, discern root causes and identify the possible wider impacts of an issue
• Focus on objectives while being detail-oriented, working accurately under pressure
• Self motivated, organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical time deadlines working independently as well as part of a team
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to Lorrie Pacheco-Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact Lorrie Pacheco-Butler with additional questions. Office: 303-209-1233 Email: email@example.com
The Library Corporation: http://www.tlcdelivers.com