Our Library Service Center, located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, has an opportunity for a Catalog and Collections Librarian. In addition to the Essential Duties listed below, the ideal candidate will be able to lead various temporary staff, interns and volunteers at different times during the calendar year. Also, experience in collaborative work groups would be helpful.
If you are a quick learner with Library experience who enjoys working with statistical data and reports, and who has a high level of comfort with the use of computers and software, then this fast-paced, detail-oriented job may be for you! Read on and find out!
- Participate in transferring, loading, deleting, and quality control checking of MARC records from various vendors (B&T, MWT, Recorded Books, Hoopla, Axis 360, RBdigital, Cloud Library, SkyRiver, OCLC)
- Manage inventory control including counting and deleting items for the database and compiling statistical reports for collection valuation and monthly collection status reports.
- Track and report collection and holdings statistics using a variety of tools including Decision Center, Web Management Reports, Sierra Create Lists, CollectionHQ, and Excel.
- Ensure data consistency across all formats, including e-resources.
- Understand and communicate current Library and unit policies and procedures in relation to various products such as LibHub, Automated Authority Control, Bibliocommons, and other products that intersect with the ILSP.
- Monitor the accuracy of the ILSP and manage data quality control projects to bring database into compliance with current cataloging standards and to provide accurate information in the public catalog and for linking data projects such as LibHub or other products designed to expose our holdings on the Web.
- Compile and export data to vendors or resource sharing partners for linking data projects or data clean-up (Prospector, LibHub, etc.).
- Assist in shepherding workflow, Implementing LEAN activities, managing logistics for regular Collections activities as well as special activities such as opening day collections for new or remodeled libraries.
- Enhance vendor-supplied records to meet quality standards; document data quality or product processing issues for Supervisor for quality control discussions with vendors.
- Manage Automated Authority Control and Headings Reports programs in Sierra.
- Manage URL checking programs in Sierra.
- Analyze series use and consistency in the database and normalize series entries.
- Resolve heading conflicts in the authority file.
- Provide assistance to Cataloging Associates for complex cataloging issues.
- Communicate with all library staff via the Catalog Watch program.
- Performs moderately complex to complex original and copy cataloging for the library materials for which shelf-ready cataloging and processing is not available.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library, formed in 1952, is the largest public library in the state of Colorado and in the Rocky Mountain Region. Nestled midway between the city of Denver and the nearby Rocky Mountain Region, and spanning 774 square miles, Jefferson County is the second largest county in Colorado. Jefferson County Public Library is a Department in Jefferson County Government.
Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create. We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities. Everyone is welcome at JCPL. We serve with care, meet patrons where they are, give them our full attention, and strive to exceed their expectations. Our core values are: Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
HR Contact Information
Jefferson County Public Library
Please Apply Here