The primary objective for this position is to lead and own the business requirements process for the CARL.X ILS Reports and Analytics functionality. This will be from key users and through review of the library industry, and ILS competitive analysis, to assist with the strategic direction and system needs based on that information. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the CARL.X Reports and Analytics product offerings, this position will spearhead research and maintain domain knowledge of these functional areas of the CARL.X ILS. This position will make decisions for the specified area and gather feedback from the appropriate user community. When implementation projects are underway, the SME will lead the configuration efforts and assist with support questions and decisions needed for both of these modules.
• Identification of user requirements within your functional areas
• Provide expert knowledge of the subject area
• Understand the existing functional environment and provide functional expertise and knowledge of the existing business practices
• Contributes to the successful configuration, processing and implementation of functional area software modules • Reconciliation of user requirements to the new system/ software capabilities
• Liaison between user community and development team; Act as a mentor and liaison to other users of your functional area • Represent the user interests in system design and software configuration decisions
• Design and configuration of software parameters for each customer using the functional module
• Act as the transforming agent to identify process improvement opportunities within the new software application
• Provide end-user training of functional module
• Provide a communication link between project teams through attendance at regular Development Team and Support Team meetings
• Create, update and maintain end user documentation for your functional area
• Assist in other system/operational/support projects as needed
• Test the software and associated procedures to confirm that the primary business / functional requirements are met
About The Library Corporation: TLC is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technologies, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements. This position will work with TLC CARL customer accounts which are supported out of the office in Denver, Colorado.
• Library experience - 2 years of experience in any one of the following areas (required): library circulation, library serials collection acquisitions or maintenance, support or help desk
• Library Circulation and Serials functional user and/or support - 2 year (preferred)
• Strong customer service skills and orientation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborative with Team and Stakeholders
• Ability to work under time pressure
• Ability to lead a development team, in the absence of the Product Owner
Please submit your cover letter, salaray requirements and resume to email@example.com.
Feel free to email Lorrie Pacheco-Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.