The Montrose Regional Library is growing! This is an exciting opportunity to join our team during a time of revitalization. The Adult Services department at the Montrose Regional Library is looking for an innovative, tech savvy leader with excellent customer service and library skills. We are seeking an imaginative librarian who approaches challenges with flexibility and a touch of humor. We need a department head who will:
- Oversee an Adult Services staff of 5, including mentoring, training, and evaluating.
- Foster positive team relationships.
- Oversee and participate in the delivery of library services for adults and teens including reference and readers’ advisory, interlibrary loan, technology training and assistance, and programs that encourage lifelong learning.
- Direct the management of the adult and teen collections, including acquisitions, weeding, and inventory.
- Promote the library in the community and form productive relationships with other local agencies.
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program strongly preferred.
- Three years’ progressively responsible experience as a library professional.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of new technologies and standard productivity software.
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills desirable.
Send resume and letter of application by May 15, 2018 to Paul Paladino, Director, Montrose Regional Library District, 320 S. 2nd St., Montrose CO 81401, or by email to email@example.com.