Pueblo City-County Library District has the honor of receiving the ELGL Leslie B. Knope Best Public Library in America award! If you would like to work for America's Best Library, we now have an opening for a Supervisor of Circulation Services! If you excel at customer service, enjoy working in a dynamic environment, and hold an MLS degree, then, this job may be for you!
The Supervisor of Circulation Services oversees the Circulation Services for the library district, including the call center and circulation policies and procedures. This position supervises staff within the Circulation Department of the Rawlings Library. The focus of this role is to facilitate outstanding customer service and promote access to PCCLD materials and services, which lead to the achievement of key results. This position is responsible for oversight of circulation practices throughout the district under the direction of the Director of User Services.
Who will you work with?
The Supervisor of Circulation Services reports to the Director of User Services and supervise the Rawlings Library’s Circulation Department staff and volunteers. This position works with all members of the management team to lead circulation practices and call center activities. Maintains good vendor relations with AMH, Self-Check and other equipment vendors. The position provides excellent customer service to all library customers demonstrating the ability to resolve issues, enforce policies and communicate effectively with people regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, ability level or background.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the Rawlings Circulation Department with oversight of circulation policies and procedures and maintains the Circulation Manual for the district.
- Oversees the PCCLD Call Center, which serves as the primary point of telephone contact by the general public with PCCLD. Supervises Call Center activities among various supporting departments.
- Supervises staff, participates in hiring, creates work schedules, communicates clear performance expectations and conducts performance reviews. Develops and monitors work improvement plans, as needed. Handles employee relations issues under the direction of the Director of User Services and with guidance from the Human Resources Department.
- Serves as the Person in Charge (PIC) for the Rawlings Library on a rotating schedule.
- Receives feedback from customers, staff and other managers to identify and address circulation and call center issues and implements changes.
- Provides information and training to PCCLD staff to ensure consistency in circulation and call center practices district-wide; coordinates with other departments on staffing and cross-training of clerical staff for circulation and call center duties.
- Participates in District projects that relate to circulation and call-center operations, customer service and materials security
- Oversees returned overdue/hold notices for all library locations. Manages delinquent customer accounts. Works with credit reporting and collection agencies.
- Responsible for Circulation Department budget and expenditures.
- Maintains customer confidentiality.
- Participates in maintenance of collection by removing materials in poor condition as they are returned. Assesses fees for damaged materials and coordinates replacement of items.
- Works closely with IT and outside vendors to maintain circulation, call-center, and security systems to include RFID, AMH, self-checkout stations and security gates, and telephone systems. Trouble shoots equipment failures and performs minor maintenance procedures.
- Monitors Rawlings book drop, and ensures Rawlings courier and bank deposit are completed in a timely manner.
- Leads team efforts to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and staff by maintaining awareness of surroundings and working in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Leads monthly department meetings, attends All Staff Development Days, and other training sessions as required to stay informed and current on changes to library policies and procedures and information pertinent to PCCLD.
- Reads daily organizational communications from intranet, e-mail, newsletters, telecommunications and print. Stays informed on all Library events throughout the District. Regularly accesses electronic time keeping system, personnel and payroll database and on-line work request system.
- Under the direction of the Director of User Services, generates analytical reports on district circulations by location and identifies trends.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Description of Community
Pueblo is located in southeastern Colorado and is the most populous city of Pueblo County with roughly 150,000 people. One of the largest steel-producing cities in the U.S., Pueblo is sometimes referred to as the “Steel City”. The climate is enjoyable year round with outdoor activities available for every season. Located between rivers and mountains, Pueblo also offers visitors and residents scenic beauty in which to indulge.
Lake Pueblo and Other Water Recreation Lake Pueblo State Park, the most visited state park in Colorado, is an aquatic hot spot, with more than 60 miles of shoreline and 4,500 acres of surface water for boating and fishing.
Pueblo is a multicultural community at the confluence of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek. Downtown's 1.5-mile Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project serves as a centerpiece for the city's three-district Creative Corridor of galleries, cultural destinations and events. One such festival, the hugely popular Loaf ‘N Jug Chile & Frijoles Festival, celebrates Pueblo's famous green chiles. While there's definitely a sense of history here — Pueblo made Livability.com's Top 10 Cities for Historic Preservation list, the city enjoys contemporary recognition on both national and international levels as the home of Colorado State University-Pueblo (2014 NCAA Division II Football National Champions) and Professional Bull Riders, Inc.
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Competence with computers and digital devices include Microsoft and Google applications, Integrated Library Systems, Automated Materials Handling equipment, Self-Check systems, and telephony.
- Sharp analytical skills used in problem solving and systems analysis along with the ability to identify problems, review possible alternatives, and implement efficiencies and solutions in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to resolve problems, influence others toward positive outcomes, and speak and write well
- Ability to supervise the work of others and lead successful teams.
- Systematic and enthusiastic approach to work and public libraries with careful attention to detail and high service standards.
- Mastery of setting priorities, delegating and meeting deadlines in a busy environment.
- Budgeting competency, including developing, forecasting and reporting on departmental finances. Resourceful and prudent in making financial decision.
- Capacity to function under flexible and changing conditions.
Physical Requirements: Ability to do repetitive work including hours of standing, bending, kneeling, shelving, lifting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push /pull a fully loaded book cart weighing up to 200 pounds
Other Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings. Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation. Must have clean driving record, Colorado Driver’s License and auto insurance.
Salary Range: $43,264.00 - $65,000 annually or $20.80 - $31.25 per hour.
Pueblo City-County Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Opening Date: April 11, 2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Type: Internal/External
Salary Range: $43,264.00 - $65,000 Annually
HR Contact Information
Apply on-line from our website: www.pueblolibrary.org/Employment
PCCLD website: http://www.pueblolibrary.org/Employment
Direct Link to the application for this Job Description: http://pueblolibrary.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=744106&job