The Dayton Metro Library is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Branch Library Manager for our busy Vandalia Branch, which serves Vandalia, Ohio and its surrounding diverse communities. These communities are enjoying our new and improved Vandalia Branch, which is just a little over one year old! This branch is situated next to the local high school and serves as a hub of activity each day after school with our small group study rooms, programming for teens, and a gaming system in the teen area. Be a part of a passionate, patron-centric team of librarians and support staff serving a community that loves its library! Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for branch service which support the Library’s mission.
- Directs all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
- Hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules employees in assigned branch. Oversees branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between administration and branch staff. Communicates with administrative team on policy, patron, and staffing issues.
- Manages branch collections, oversees evaluation and processing of donated materials, and manages branch book sale. Ensures the collection is responsive to community’s information, recreational, and educational needs.
- Promotes community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Prepares budget requests and monitors branch facility and security needs.
For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24, 2018.
Library's web site: http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org