Assists patrons in the use of library materials, facilities and equipment. This is an essential position providing "essential services" as defined by the University. The Circulation Clerk is expected to report to work in inclement weather conditions to keep the University Library open.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Library Management System to perform clerical duties and routine library assignments related to circulating and organization of library materials such as books, journals, publications, microform, and audio-visual materials.
- Create holding records; working knowledge of Interlibrary Loan Systems to process lending/borrowing requests.
- Search, verify and input bibliographic information in manual and electronic formats; place material on reserve and remove from reserve for faculty.
- Working knowledge of databases as well as electronic journals in the absence of professional librarian; using Excel to create spreadsheets and input statistical data for reporting purposes.
- Scan and edit electronic reserves and create URL access links and/or document imaging for scanning and editing documents using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software.
- Ability to communicate clearly when responding to email; responsible for dealing with persons of different management levels from within the University and outside companies.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot microform equipment, occasional support for printers, public computers, and scanners
- Train and supervise student workers; ensure library policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned.
Description of Community
Seton Hall University is a major Catholic university. In a diverse and collaborative environment it focuses on academic and ethical development. Seton Hall students are prepared to be leaders in their professional and community lives in a global society and are challenged by outstanding faculty, an evolving technologically advanced setting and values-centered curricula.
For complete job description and to apply, please visit http://jobs.shu.edu/cw/en-us/job/493395/circulation-clerk
HR Contact Information
Human Resources https://www.shu.edu/human-resources/contacts.cfm