We are looking for a Library Services Coordinator to join our central office team as collection development specialist who will partner with our schools to create and maintain school library collections (both eBook and print) and programs that reflect our diverse population, promote reading motivation, and are responsive to the needs of our school communities. Applicants should have demonstrated excellence in collection development, collaboration, developing and delivering professional learning and experience in a school community and/or public library.
1. Provide excellent customer service to building and central staff related to collection development, accounts, library systems such as LION, and digital resources by:
2. Selects, deselects and inventories resources to improve student and teacher access to high quality resources according to department and school board policies, and department mission and vision. Works collaboratively with member of Library Services, central departments (such as curriculum and instruction and ELA), building library staff, teachers, and administrators in order to perform collection development and improve library spaces. Facilitates student voice and choice in library collections.
3. Implements Library Services projects and programs that support the mission and vision of DPS Library Services. Identifies and researches current and future trends in library resources, programs and services. Proposes flexible and responsive ways to implement these resources and services in DPS including training and professional development opportunities.
4. Partners with construction, planning and facilities to advocate and plan for 21st century library spaces.
5. Manages the acquisitions process for school and/or district customers and any related invoices and requisitions. Anticipates and resolves related problems. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and works to implement them.
6. Coordinates flow of library materials through Library Services with other department and district staff. Uses appropriate library systems and software to manage these materials.
7. Maintains professional relationships with vendors, including communicating to them expectations around the ordering, processing, shipping, receiving and billing of materials. Seeks out new vendors to meet needs of DPS students, teachers and staff.
8. Markets and communicates the services and resources of Library Services across the DPS community in order to improve access to high quality and highly effective library programs and resources.
9. Creates and maintains systems to track the quality of library services across the system. Create reports as needed.
10. Develops strategies and clear, specific performance measures for projects that are easily translated into work goals and deliverable for other team members. Assesses and tracks project progress regularly using various computer programs and tools. Drives project completion by holding others accountable for responsibilities and deadlines.
11. Assist the Director, Collection Development Supervisor and team members as needed. Mentor team members.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please apply through our main DPS website at the link provided.