Are you a library leader with the ability to develop and lead a team? Are you motivated to provide consistent, quality customer service for library patrons? Are you passionate and skilled at working directly with the public and diverse communities to create positive outcomes?
The Patron Experience Supervisor is a leader who provides core library services in person, by phone and on the web and models personalized customer service. This position inspires their staff to provide the same high level of service to patrons. If you can foster community engagement, lifelong learning, health and well being for Jefferson County Public Library residents, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- Customer Service
Supervising and Training
- Always Be delivering a consistent quality customer service experience both internally and to our Patrons.
- Communicates expectations to the Library staff about Library services and trends in customer service.
- Implements industry best practices for merchandising and promoting Library resources as directed.
Implement and Deliver Core Library Services
- Supervises staff in areas of responsibility, including coaching on industry best practices.
- Recommends routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, evaluating performance, and taking corrective action.
- Prepares and submits routine reports as necessary for Library management.
- Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Supervise access to resources, including physical and virtual resources of the system.
Planning and Budgeting
- Routinely provides direct customer service.
- Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Supports adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Applies input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- Provides input for department budget and audits spending per established procedures and limits.
- Participates in annual planning for Library services.
- Always Be a communicator of goals and strategic priorities to Library staff.
- Audits/expends resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over the resources.
- The Patron Experience Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- Must be familiar with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Apply on GovernmentJobs.com here
HR Contact Information
Recruitment Coordinator | ERD/HR/Payroll, Admin Bldg
- Must be able to work some evenings, some weekends and minor holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
** Please be aware: Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is
possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your spam
folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if
any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.
When completing an application on NeoGov, you should receive a confirmation notice within a
few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail
folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can
then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for future
messages to get through to your inbox.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2134191/patron-experience-supervisor-golden-library/agency/jefferson/apply