Seeking a dynamic, service minded individual to join the First Floor Services staff in the role of Librarian at our Main branch. This Librarian leads the development and implementation of library services, acts as a mentor to staff and volunteers, and connects users to resources and opportunities that reflect their interests, responds to their needs within diverse and changing communities, empowering them to be builders of their own future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and responding to the needs of the community within the context of system-wide needs using virtual and in-person methods;
- Working to develop rapport with users in the library and helping to fulfill their informational and recreational needs;
- Developing and exhibiting cultural competency to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse public, peers and staff;
- Communicating professionally and constructively; both written and verbal;
- Sharing knowledge and passion for fiction and literature through in-person interactions and via the written word through CLP’s digital channels;
- Facilitating and supporting teaching and learning in all forms;
- Engaging staff regarding CLP’s strategic directions and facilitate effective communication among staff, as necessary;
- Participating in system-wide initiatives and programs, and performing committee work;
- Collaborating with colleagues and developing relationships throughout CLP and the County Library System (ACLA);
- Representing CLP at regional and national library and library-related conferences and symposiums;
- Assisting customers of all ages in performing reference searches, selecting and locating materials, and meeting technology literacy goals;
- Managing the space, including space upkeep and inventory, creating engaging displays;
- Making decisions for the betterment of CLP and First Floor Services using independent judgment and understanding of CLP’s strategic directions.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- MLS or MLIS from and ALA accredited school is required;
- Three or more years of progressive experience and increasing responsibility in a service-oriented environment, including demonstrated leadership;
- Previous public library experience desired, preferably in a diverse urban environment;
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus;
- Energetic and dynamic, highly organized, self-motivated, and possess strong leadership skills;
- Ability to provide quality customer service, both in person, over the phone, and virtually;
- Ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines, manage assignments and responsibilities effectively in a busy urban branch;
- Familiarity with online catalog, electronic databases, and internet searching;
- Must be able to work all hours agreed upon when hired, and flexible hours as needed, on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally for outreach, meetings and professional development opportunities;
- PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Records Check and Mandated Reporter Training required upon offer of employment.
Interested applicants must apply online at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2133104 by September 23, 2018.
Posting number: 181074
Official Job Posting: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2133104