Are you passionate about the transformative power of libraries?
Do you want to connect with and make a difference in your community?
We are looking for the right person who can embrace the challenge of managing our Youth Services Department focused on serving our patrons from birth to 18. If you…
- Can foresee the trends in youth service needs before anyone else
- Can develop programs and services that inspire the love of reading and learning
- Will work with community organizations and volunteers as a resource for developing, promoting, and extending library services
- Can coordinate staff activities and budget for optimum patron benefit
- Enjoy reading, talking about, and recommending youth books, movies, and music
- Can offer excellent, proactive patron services
- Are an enthusiastic team leader
- Have great ideas to share
…then we have your dream job! As our Head of Youth Services, you can help enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create and connect.
Mesa County Libraries has 8 locations spread across Mesa County which is home to more than 150,000 people in 15 communities. The largest of these is Grand Junction, followed by Fruita and Palisade. The Grand Valley enjoys an array of cultural events, performing arts, museums and is home to Colorado Mesa University. Mesa County Libraries is the largest cultural institution in the county and provides specialized library services, resources, computers, books, audio and video media, literacy classes, and many other programs. Our mission is to enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create and connect.
MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited graduate program
2 – 3 years’ supervisory experience preferred
2 – 3 years’ experience working in a public library setting
All Essential Functions, Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Physical Requirements, Minimum Education, Minimum Experience listed in full posting at http://mesacountylibraries.org/about-us/jobs. Successful applicant must pass a post-offer / pre-employment criminal background, national sex offender and department of motor vehicle check.
Visit our website at www.mesacountylibraries.org and look for 'Jobs' in the 'About Us' section. Apply for the Head of Youth Services position. Upload a cover letter and current resume
Search is open until position is filled; applications received prior to Monday, October 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. will be considered. Mesa County Public Library District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.