Under the general direction of the Public Services Manager and in partnership with Adult Services and Teen Librarians, you will provide timely information services; excellent reader's advisory and library instruction; innovative and creative programming; assistance with collection maintenance and perform limited circulation duties for users inside the library and in the community. You will provide support and assistance for users of the library makerspace, adult reference desk and teen loft. Performs other work as required. Schedule includes evenings and rotating weekend hours.
This is a 30 hour a week position with Tier 2 benefits. There is a possibility of this position becoming 40 hours a week with Tier 1 benefits.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide instructional assistance in the use of library-supported technologies and resources, including basic instruction in using new and emerging devices and digital resources.
- Assist library users to locate the information and resources that meet their needs.
- Under the direction of the Adult Services Librarians perform collection maintenance duties.
- Assist with organization, coordination, creation of marketing materials, and presentation of events, programs, and instruction to adult library users on an as-needed basis, including STEM and maker programs, basic computer coding workshops.
- Monitor reports and use statistics.
- Promote library services and programs within the community on an as-needed basis during community outreach.
- Assume responsibility for department when working alone.
- Assist with development of grant proposals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Approaches work with the public with energy, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Exhibits proficiency with technology, including basic code writing and robotics.
- Demonstrates dedication to principles and practices of public library service.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Effectively searches library databases, catalog and the Internet.
- Embraces change in work environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Assists patrons in locating information and materials.
- Respects privacy of individual users.
- Assists with planning and presenting library programs and classes.
- Exercises considerable initiative and judgment.
To see more details and to apply, please visit http://www.louisvilleco.gov/government/departments/employment-human-resources/current-employment-opportunities