Do you collaborate, enjoy special projects and work well as a team participant? Do you thrive while conducting the receiving process - checking incoming materials and shipments? Do you enjoy reconciling invoices, performing quality checks and data entry? If you have great attention to detail and quality control skills, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- Receive and unpack library materials and reconcile invoices - we processed over 300,000 items last year.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the receiving function and communicate discrepancies.
- Be a problem solver performing quality assurance/quality control - check item records for shelf-ready materials.
- Link patron holds to items and process item for routing - you are part of a team working quickly and efficiently to get brand new materials into the hands of patrons.
- Create item and volume records as needed for non-shelf-ready materials and periodicals.
- Perform limited modifications to bibliographic records following standard library procedures.
- Monitor street dates and turnaround to ensure availability deadlines are met.
- Be part of a team ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the Library's bibliographic database by executing changes to the catalog as directed by the Catalog Librarians.
- Communicate with Library staff concerning database activities and special projects requiring the recall and re-labeling of materials.
- Be proficient in document control by maintaining hard copy and digital files.
- Submit claims for damaged materials and shipments
- Move loaded book trucks through the building.
- Track and report vendor performance issues (7 primary vendors).
- Collect and report work statistics as needed.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.