Are you a library leader with the ability to develop and lead a team? Are you motivated to provide consistent, quality customer service for library patrons? Are you passionate and skilled at working directly with the public and diverse communities to create positive outcomes?
The Patron Experience Supervisor is a leader who provides core library services in person, by phone and on the web and models personalized customer service. This position inspires and supervises professional staff to provide the same high level of service to patrons. If you can foster community engagement, lifelong learning, health and well being for Jefferson County residents, then this leadership position may be the job for you!
- Always Be delivering a consistent quality customer service experience both internally and to our Patrons.
- Communicate expectations to the Library staff about Library services and trends in customer service.
- Implement industry best practices for merchandising and promoting Library resources as directed.
Supervising and Training
- Supervise professional staff - Librarians and Patron Experience Associates. Coach staff in areas of performance, professional development and industry best practices.
- Recommend routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, evaluating performance, and taking corrective action.
- Prepare and submit routine reports as necessary for Library management.
- Always be a participant on cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Supervise access to resources, including physical and virtual resources of the system.
Implement and Deliver Core Library Services
- Routinely provide direct customer service.
- Anticipate and solve problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Support adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Always be a collaborator who keeps direct reports up to date on changes in policy and procedures as well as the implementation process.
- Apply input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
Planning and Budgeting
- Provide input for department budget and audits spending per established procedures and limits.
- Participate in annual planning for Library services.
- Always Be a communicator of goals and strategic priorities to Library staff.
- Audit/expend resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over the resources.
- The Patron Experience Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- Must be familiar with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Apply on Governmentjobs.com
HR Contact Information
Recruitment Coordinator 303.275.6168
- Must be able to work days, some evenings, some weekends and minor holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.