Assistant Librarian - Collection Management and Assessment - (19000675)
The University of Wyoming Libraries seeks applicants for a Collection Development and Assessment Librarian. This position provides expertise and leadership for building and maintaining library collections in support of learning, teaching, and research.
- Expend budgets on collections that meet the needs of our users.
- Assess library collections for their relevance to library and university priorities.
- Manage, assess, and maintain profiles and contracts for automated acquisitions processes (approval plans, DDA/PDA/EBA, etc.) to achieve the appropriate mix of titles and formats to serve our user communities.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, publishers, and library consortia for selection and evaluation.
- Compile the Library's annual collections and acquisitions statistics for internal and external reports.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses to support informed recommendations on collection directions.
- Participate in the management and decision making for shared print programs.
- Coordinate the program for replacement of lost, damaged, or missing library material with the acquisitions team.
- Participate in the evaluation of electronic purchases and renewals in light of overall collections priorities.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (http://www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.). This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year professional collections experience in an academic library
- Experience with the acquisitions module of a library system
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative collection assessment techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians and staff from multiple library units to work as a team
- Three or more years collections experience in an academic library
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
HR Contact Information
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
University of Wyoming Job Listings: http://www.uwyo.edu/hr/prospective/